10 Mosquito Prevention Tips for Your Customers’ Yards
- Search thoroughly for and remove or cover anything that can hold water.
- Remove, cover or drill holes in used tires. Drill so that water completely drains. Do the same if you have a tire swing.
- Drill holes in the bottom of recycling containers. Ensure that lids for garbage cans are in good repair.
- Beware of items such as buckets, wheelbarrows and recycling containers that have a ‘lip’ when flipped over. The lip will collect water and organic matter, enough to welcome a new generation of mosquitoes in just 5-7 days.
- Clean clogged gutters.
- Check that all windows, screens and doors are tight-fitting and in good repair.
- Scrub birdbaths thoroughly with a brush. This will remove mosquito eggs.
- Cover in-ground drains with hardware cloth to prevent mosquito breeding.
- Fill in low-lying areas where water regularly collects and remains.
- Inspect and remove water from tarps or plastic used to cover items.
Learn more about the only mosquito bait on the market, Final Feed™ is powered by garlic and proven by science, making it an ideal tool for sensitive accounts. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/2ngEjRt
Captain Stan Cope (aka the Mosquito Man) is the Vice President of Technical Services for the Catchmaster brand, learn and discover more of his great mosquito content on their blog: https://catchmasterpro.com/blog/